Thursday, April 26, 2007

6 whole months

I was thinking of a post I might write today about it being Marc-Adam's 6 month birthday (or half birthday as we like to call it). I was thinking about how I can't believe it's been six months and how it feels like I wrote this post yesterday. I thought about how in a blink of an eye, he's no longer a newborn, but a sweet little playful baby with his own personality. I thought about how in another 6 months he'll be a year old and about how I can't even remember what this house or our family dynamic was like without him. I wasn't sure how I was going to write all this or even what exactly I wanted to write. And then....he gave me something to write about....

Ladies and gentlemen....

We have a tooth.

What a better way to start off the next six months with lots of "firsts" than with his first tooth. I'd take a picture, but I think it must have just broken through this morning because I can feel it more than I can see it (when he actually lets me look).

It's so bittersweet to say goodbye to those gummy grins.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

awh! Happy Half Birthday M-A!!!!! :)

Life With All Boys said...

I know just what you mean. We thought we were done and then 5 1/2 years later along came Carter. But now I don't remember what it was like without him. And first teeth are bittersweet. But very exciting!