Monday, April 16, 2007

No rest for the weary

The problem with having a family that spends as much time together as we do is that when one gets sick, we all get sick. Sometimes, I'm able to dodge catching the kids' colds, but not this time. And somehow, I seem to have it so much worse than they do. They're almost over it while I'm still dealing with a nasty sinus infection. And poor baby Marc-Adam is no exception. Normally, he's a great sleeper at night, but last night he was up for 3 hours. And I was just.so.tired. I stood at his crib with my hand on his back just sobbing because none of my usual tricks were working, and I just wanted him to go to sleep so that I could go to sleep (note to self: crying does not help a sinus infection!). I know I'm not going to kick this if I can't get any rest. I'm not sure what's wrong with him, either. I'm afraid he might have an ear infection, but it could just be teething. I'm hoping it was just a fluke night and that he'll sleep better tonight. At least the kids were at my in-laws so they were able to sleep better. I'm not sure what I'm going to do if they are all up tonight.

Ok, whine over.

Today or tomorrow I'll try to post about our weekend.

4 comments:

mamashine said...

Poor honey. I hope you all feel better soon.

Luke's getting some sort of snotty thing going too. He woke up yesterday with a huge booger stuck to his lip. I told him he really didn't want that to be his first solid food. :)

KatieBug said...

That sounds terrible! I hope you are both feeling better soon.

Anonymous said...

That sinus thing must be spanning the globe. We just got over it. and pretty much everyone we know has it or has had it in the past few weeks.

I can sympathize with you and hope you are feeling better very soon. Hopefully your little guy will let you sleep tonight :)

Rachel said...

oh Alli Im so sorry. I completely sympathize - we just keep passing the germs back and forth and have been for months. We are on week three of fevers, first it was J, then C and now N. Steve and I are sick too with colds. Its hard to pick between this and the lovely TX summers though ;) Feel better soon!