Friday, April 27, 2007

Because we should all have a place at the table

Yesterday, the boys and I ate our afternoon snacks and caught an episode of Blue's Clues. It was the one where Mr. Salt and Mrs. Pepper (or Mr. Pepper and Mrs. Salt, I can never remember) have a baby, Paprika.

Afterward, Zachary was lovin' on Marc-Adam and calling him his baby and telling Marc-Adam he loved him. Very sweet. So I asked both the boys if we should have any more babies (I'm still very much on the fence about whether I want any more, Sweet Hubby is pretty sure we're done). Zachary hestitantly shook his head yes. Stephen gave an answer I wasn't expecting.

"If we have any more babies, we won't have enough chairs."

Yes, sweetie, I guess you're right.

So I guess the real decision is whether or not we want more chairs.

4 comments:

Life With All Boys said...

We have the same issue. Only we will need one for the baby. We only have 4 chairs. But our table is an old hand me down. Good excuse to buy a new one!!!

Rachel said...

too funny :)

LaughterThoughts said...

we have the same conversation... we've had it about the table and about the car... that's why i plan on driving a 15-passenger van some day. :)

Anonymous said...

We can relate. We have a table and 4 chairs, but, with the new baby, there are 5 in our family. Thank God for high chairs!!