Wednesday, June 25, 2008

What a fun guy!

There's this show on Discovery Kids called Grossology. I let my kids watch just about anything on DK except Grossology. I watched half of an episode with the kids once and it was banned. The name says it all. Trust me.

So Stephen was watching a bit of Prehistoric Planet (which is super cool and a new favorite) when a Grossology commercial came on. So he says, "Hey, mom, the next Grossology episode is about basketball and a fun guy. Can I watch it?"

"No."

"But it's about fun guy. Please?"

"What? Sorry. No."

"It's just a fun guy, Mom!"

A light bulb came and I tried to stifle a giggle. "FUNGI! As in mushrooms and such. Not a fun guy! No, you're not watching it."

Evidently, the fun guy that that episode is about is the kind that gives one athlete's foot. Nice.

4 comments:

Kate said...

Boys! I do not call someone who spreads athlete's food a "fun guy." =)

mamashine said...

You know, as a homeschool mama you're probably never going to put together a unit study on gross stuff. But they gotta learn it somewhere. This actually might be a good opportunity for them to learn some of it. You don't have to watch. :)

But it might be fun. Guy.

Anonymous said...

Isn't there a joke like that?...I'm a fun guy...I can't remember.

But I'll be on the lookout for this show, to make sure to avoid it, that is.

Cheryl Lage said...

That is HYSTERICAL! Thank you for the warning about Grossology...we're NOT ready (and I may never be) for that!

Love your blog!