Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Deep breaths and prayer

We had a realtor out yesterday afternoon. He's supposed to be calling us tomorrow with the figures of what he thinks we can sell it for. Please pray for that. I've now got it in my head that there's no way we can get what we need to be able to walk away with a nice little check to go toward the next down payment. And as much as I know my parents love us, I'm fairly certain that only God himself would want to house my entire family for more than a few months. If we don't get enough equity out of this house it would take us much longer than a few months to save up what we need.

I've really got my heart set on moving out of this little town now. I've started looking at houses and churches and thinking about how much money we'll be saving in gas and how we'll be so much closer to our pediatrician and the hospital that we had the last two babies at. If the realtor doesn't call back with the "magic number", my heart will be broken. I've let myself get entirely too excited at the idea of moving.

So I'm doing lots of deep breathing and praying and remembering that I'm not in control of this.

That's the good news and the bad news.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey alli, just getting caught up with you here. Selling your home can be stressful, eh? But you are doing well to remember that God is in control of the situation. Sometimes it's hard to wait but the result he has already planned out for you will be worth it. I do hope you get your magic number though!! :)

Rachel said...

I hope you hear what you want to - if you dont, that doesnt mean moving is out. He can move mountains - selling a home is no big deal ;) We are walking away with a little but nothing near what we put down less than 4 yrs ago (losing about $14k). It stinks but He continues to provide so that we'll just barely squeak in - no room to be comfortable which is how we stay dependent on Him I guess! Keep us posted on how its all going....and good luck with the projects :) my house looks like a bomb went off!

Kate said...

Alli, hoping the best for you! Home selling and buying is nerve-wracking, as you know. I hope the news is good!