Tuesday, June 03, 2008

How cool!

I use the word "cool" too much. Maybe I should try "neat", "neato", "swell".....maybe not.

ANYWAY, I stumbled upon this website today called, Laptop Lunches. They're neat (haha, I can use that word) reusable lunch boxes with containers that are all BPA, lead and phthalate free (honestly, I don't know what phthalates are, but the lunch boxes are free of it). Obviously, we won't be needing a lunch box for the school lunch, but we do take lots of field trips and have play dates at lunch time. I'm thinking these are perfect for each of the kids. I want some.

Oh, and check out the photo gallery of lunches. It's inspirational, I tell you.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those lunch boxes look so neat (I use "cool" way too much, too)....I just might get one for my hubby!

KatieBug said...

Those are cool! :) But how does the food not fall out? You would think they would mix together even if the wet stuff did have lids. I would really like to get one for each of us but I think Love would freak out if I spent $300 on lunch boxes even if they are super cute and BPA, lead and phthalate free!

Alli said...

LOL, Katie! I think you'd be spending closer to $150 or $200. Not that it makes that much of a difference.

Oh, and the containers on the inside come with lids.

Kate said...

I had the same question about lids.

Reminds me of these neat Tupperware lunchboxes we had as kids. I hated them then because they weren't metal with pictures on them, but now I think they were neat.

And that reminds me of how mom once said that she really missed being able to use the word "groovy." I about died laughing.

KatieBug said...

The large ones don't have lids. There is a medium one and a tiny one for dips that have lids but the others don't. They talk about seeing all the tasty food right when you open it being a perk. :)

I was thinking it would be that much if I got one for all 6 of us. Love, Peanut and I need one too! :)

Kate said...

KatieBug, I was thinking the same thing. M-E-S-S. Pretty, though.

Anonymous said...

They are cool, aren't they? I've seen them before but haven't gotten one. Let me know how it is. And yeah, you don't want phthalates - very bad.

Mommy Daisy said...

Ha ha, just had to laugh about you using "cool" so much. I do too! Much more in real life than in my writing. It's easier to stop when I'm writing.