Monday, July 30, 2007

Poking a little fun, cause I know she can take it

Here's a funny little story I've been meaning to blog about for a while, to poke a little bit of fun at my mom. It's too funny not to share and she has a great sense of humor.

Mom took me to Whole Foods a few weeks ago to help me get stocked up on gluten-free fare for little Zachary. As we were checking out, the cashier offered a piece of ($4) chocolate that they had on their impulse rack. He told me what was in it, and I politely declined....my mom however said, "Sure! I'll try a piece!" I said, "Really??" And I repeated what it was again. She said "Sure, why not?"

I thought Mom was being awful brave and really was stepping out of that box I'm always telling her to get out of.

So we finished checking out and paying and loading up and I noticed Mom started donning a sour face. She tried to keep her composure, all the while looking like she just ate a bug. As we were walking out, she said, "I need something to drink! That wasn't like any other coconut cream I've had!"

I finally realize, through hysterical laughter, that there's been a bit of a misunderstanding...and I really can't wait to tell her...

"Mom, he said coconut CURRY, not coconut cream!!"

She got a horrified look on her face, "Whoever thought of putting CURRY in CHOCOLATE?!"

I'm still laughing about it....love you, Mom.

1 comment:

KatieBug said...

That is really funny!! Who Did think of putting in curry? That sounds gross!

How was Hubbys first day?