Wednesday, August 13, 2008

At least I wasn't wearing white

We went to a wedding this past weekend for a cousin of Sweet Hubby. Normally, I love weddings, but not this time. And it wasn't because of anything about the wedding.

I agonized over what I was going to wear. I didn't want to be overdressed, but I also wanted to dress up a bit. This couple is only getting married once, and it's not very often that Sweet Hubby and I get to dress up and go somewhere just the two of us. I had decided to wear this cute cute outfit of a top and skirt. Then at the last minute, I changed my mind to wear a cotton dress. It's a pretty dress and it looks really cute with a certain pair of shoes.

So we get to the wedding, say hi to a few of the people that we know, and right in the middle of a conversation it suddenly hits me like a mack truck that I wore that same dress to the wedding shower six weeks before. Now, I know that may not sound like a big deal to some of you, but it was a huge deal to me. I rarely see most of the people that were at the wedding. The last time I saw them was at the wedding shower. I probably won't see them again until the next wedding in that side of the family. They probably wouldn't have remembered what I wore to the shower if I had worn something different to the wedding, but I'm convinced that they knew that I wore that dress the last time they saw me. And I was so self-conscious about it the rest of the night. Drrrr. And as much as I love that dress, I'll forever have to think about when I wore it last every time I take it out of the closet.

No comments: