Thursday, July 17, 2008

A peeve and a rant

Can I just tell you one thing that peeves me? And lately, it peeves me more than all the other things put together.

It peeves me when people say they're going to do something, and then they don't do it. OR when they say they're going to do something in a certain timeframe and it happens in a time frame twice or even 3 times as long.

Case in point: I had to have some brake work done on my car yesterday. We took it to the shop where the car-fixer people told us it would be ready by lunch time (this was about 9am). At 4pm, we still had not heard from them. Sweet Hubby was asleep so I had to call them to find out what the deal was because if I didn't have to wake him, I wasn't going to. I finally got a hold of the owner and he said, "Let me find out what's going on and I'll call you right back." He must've said "Right back" three times. 45 minutes later, we still had't heard "right back" and we decide to head up there because they close at 5pm and we'd like to have our car back before they do. Turns out they had just finished (and still hadn't called us). It really shouldn't have surprised me because this is the place that had our car for a full month when I wrecked it a year and a half ago. But you know, I would have been much happier if they had said, "It won't be ready until Friday, we'll call you when it is" and then called us when it was ready earlier. That would've been fine. That would have been great! But it annoys me when someone says they're going to do something and then doesn't. I would be much calmer and happier if people just did what they said they would do. WHATEVER that is.

Another case: The realtor who says he'll be by that afternoon to take pictures of your house and then doesn't show up for 2 days. He then calls and says he'll be there in 45 minutes and doesn't show for 1 hour and 45 minutes. And comes during nap time.

*sigh* There. I feel better. I'm a little cranky.

2 comments:

Mommy Daisy said...

Ohh, that would drive me nuts too. Honestly, I wouldn't go back to that car place, I'd try somewhere else.

The realtor...well, I'd politely let him know that I need to stick to a schedule and I don't appreciate when he doesn't show up on time or I'd at least like a phone call telling me he's running late.

Kate said...

Ugh. I agree with you--I would rather have someone overestimate and then let me be pleasantly surprised when it's done sooner. And it really drives me nuts when they finally finish something and then don't call.

That is not cool of the Realtor. I agree that you do need to talk to him. You don't want him to call you to show the house and then not show up as you've herded the boys out of the house for hours.