Tuesday, June 05, 2007

It's like a whole 'nother language

I love the things my kids say, as I'm sure every mother does. But I especially love it when they come up with names for things that are totally different than what they're supposed to be, or just different enough to be funny. Here are the most common ones I hear.

Hearphones/Helmans are headphones (Stephen calls them 'hearphones', Zachary calls them 'helmans')

Candy birds-Peeps, the Easter candy

Tootie-cookie

Winslow-Frisbee (I have no idea, so don't even ask)

Then of course there's the "Finger that Points Up"-A foam finger

When Zachary asks for a "Man-aid", he's actually wanting a band-aid (specifically a Spiderman band-aid).

snoozie/swooshie-smoothie

So, for those of you that have kids (which I think is just about everyone who reads this blog) what funny words/names do your kids use?

8 comments:

nicole said...

Hiddle--the space immediately to the left or right of the middle.

My daughter made this word up. She said to me "Mom, look, I'm sitting in the hiddle." It was hard not to laugh.

KatieBug said...

I love the way kids make things thier own. Right now Cream Puff is playing "pita boo". When Bubby was little he said "assipepper" for grasshopper and "assicycle" for bicycle. Firecracker said "band-aid" instead of granddad for a while. It always makes me laugh to think about how cute kids are. It is a little sad when they learn to say things correctly.

LaughterThoughts said...

"elbows" are stickers-- not the pokey kind, but the kid kind with pictures on them... i guess that came about because of wanting one stuck on the elbow.

"chest buttons"-- well, you've got two of them... above your belly button and on your chest.;-) except for B#4 and she calls them all belly buttons.

"annadults" are adults... they've often heard us say "you need to be with an adult" or something similar so adults are "annadults."

mamashine said...

I'm really going to miss it when Gilly learns to pronounce Cinderella. She calls her "Celerinda" and I love that.

mamashine said...

Oh, I forgot "mirrior" for mirror.

Rachel said...

Too funny. The boys say things wrong all the time but I cant think of any funny example. Cute post!

Fiddledeedee said...

My favorite, by far, is that my daughter refers to a bra, as "boobie caps." I hope that never changes.

Anonymous said...

Chloe calls band-aids "bambags" and music "nubik". It's funny because she pronounces most everything else pretty well for not even being two. It's cute :)