Sunday, February 18, 2007

The Mama to this Bloggin' Mama


Stephanie started this at Adventures in Babywearing. I think it's a great idea!

So here's my mom. We've always been close and growing up, I always knew--and still know--that she's my biggest fan. We may not always agree or get along, but she never lets me forget that she's on my side. I have lots of fond memories of the time spent with my mom when I was growing up. I remember that she never really treated me like a kid and she included me and let me be a part of just about everything she did. Now that I'm a "grown-up", we've gotten to be really good friends. Hardly a day goes by that we don't chat just to see what's going on with the other.

And whenever I need her, I always know she's just a phone call away. The day that I had Marc-Adam is proof. The night before I had been up all night throwing up. Every time I would start to doze off, I would get sick again. Around 1am, I knew that if I didn't get some sleep, I would not be able to function the next day (remember, I was 8.5 months pregnant). At 3am, I started having contractions, and I just felt terrible. I called her at 7:30am and asked to come take care of me and the boys. She dropped everything she had to do that day and in 30 minutes, was on my front porch. She then bullied convinced me to call the doctor later that morning...I was in denial about being in labor. Turns out, I was in labor, and she drove me and the kids to the hospital. She took care of everything for me that day. And I'm so glad she was there with me.

What's really fun now is seeing how much the Sweet Boys adore her. I can see that what she has with each of my kids is really special.

I'm so glad that I've had her support in my life. She's one of the "legs" that holds me up. After all, life is always better when you have your own cheerleader.

8 comments:

Glass Half Full said...

Nothing better than Nana's kisses!

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

There is nothing like a Mom. She's always there to take care of you. I just think how I plan to always be here for my kids... thanks so much for playing along, too!

mamashine said...

How fun is this! It's my auntie! :) I'll have to show Gilly this picture-she'll be pleased. She always says she likes to have sleepovers at your mom's house every time we come down there.

Anonymous said...

I had to come check out your "mama" pic when I saw your blog on Adventures. I loved reading the story about you & your moms relationship. It reminded me alot of mine with my mom. She sounds like an awesome lady. =)

Nicki said...

Adorable picture! It's nice having a mother who will drop everything to help you, isn't it? What a blessing!

Michelle said...

Such a sweet picture! :o) It's a blessing to have a supportive mama.

LaughterThoughts said...

so sweet... what a fun picture!:)

Anne/kq said...

I love the pic, and I love what you wrote:

"We may not always agree or get along, but she never lets me forget that she's on my side."

That describes my mom perfectly, too. She has always been my advocate when I need one, no matter what. And I hope someday my daughters say that about me.