Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Keeping you informed

I've been debating about what to share about my doctor's appointment yesterday. On the one hand, what happened turned out to be no big deal, but on the other hand, I'm afraid that those of you who I'm close with and are following this pregnancy closely through my blog might be surprised and maybe a little offended that I didn't share this. So here goes...this isn't an alert that something is wrong, just me keeping all my loved ones in the loop.

I had my 37 week appointment. It was supposed to be my last appointment until my c-section next week. When the nurse took my blood pressure, she said it was much higher than it usually is and asked if I had been busy or stressed that day. I had been neither stressed nor busy and I had been sitting calmly, quietly in the waiting room for about 15 minutes. When my doctor came in, I asked her about the blood pressure and she said that the nurse would re-check it before I left and that if it was still high that they would have to send me over to the hospital. Well, the nurse re-checked it and it was the same as it had been before. So I got a first-hand tour of the new hospital where Evie will be born. They finally got me all set up on the monitors and every time they took my blood pressure, it was lower than it had been the time before. An hour later, I was walking out of there with the instructions to follow up with my doctor next Monday.

So that's it. Just a tiny concern that didn't last very long. Later on, I was thinking about it and I had had a high salt lunch and as I was exiting the freeway to get to the doctor's office, my car skidded a bit (it's been wet and soggy here for a couple of days) and I almost rear-ended the person in front of me. It scared me a little, and those two things together might have contributed to my high readings in the office. But maybe not. Who knows. The important thing is that everything is fine now.

And now you're in the know.

6 comments:

Jana said...

Oh my....I'm so glad your bp went down....scary stuff! I can't believe Evie will be here next week. Time sure does fly!

Mommy Daisy said...

Glad you're OK and Evie is too!

My blood pressure was up a little at my 39 week check up with Zachariah. They did and ultrasound, found out he was a big baby, admitted me to the hospital for observation later that day, then induced me in the morning. The blood pressure never made any difference in anything. And it was time to be induced anyway due to his size. So, I think it just happens now and then, and it's not always something to stress about. :D

You're getting so close! Are you ready?

KatieBug said...

I'm glad things are OK!! Thanks for letting us know. Love Ya!

Holly Mathis Interiors said...

good luck next week..i know you will be great!

where are you having her?????

Alli said...

Holly, e-mail me and I'll give you the details about where she's going to be born....it's a bit more info than I want to share on a public blog.

Rachel said...

glad you are ok!