Friday, January 19, 2007

This has got to be a milestone

So this may sound a little pathetic, but I'm actually pretty proud of myself....please don't burst my bubble.

I was putting Marc-Adam to bed a little bit ago. He was having a hard time settling down; that seems to be the trend this week. I started thinking about how today was actually a really hard day. I got nothing done and I spent most of the day putting out fires, correcting and disciplining (and listening to A LOT of screaming). But I don't feel ragged like I usually do after a day like today. The thought of putting them on the curb with "free to good home" signs around their necks didn't cross my mind. I didn't turn on the TV to attempt to bring some peace in the house by putting the kids in a Doodlebop-induced trance. I didn't even call anyone today to beg them to take my children for a few hours. I seriously think this is the first Friday since Marc-Adam was born that I didn't do that...and I didn't even feel the need to.

And the way this weekend and next week looks, that's probably a good thing, because I don't think I'll have the opportunity to have a little down time until at least next weekend.

This time next week, I may be asking one of my faithful readers if they would like an extra child or two.

5 comments:

mamashine said...

I'm especially impressed that you didn't turn on the tv. Some days I feel like that's the only reason I get any peace, and then of course I feel guilty about that too.

Congrats on a nice day! Hopefully today will continue the same way.

LaughterThoughts said...

i've had my share of those days... and that is so great that you kept your attitude positive through it all-- now that can be really hard! i won't be bursting your bubble-- congratulations!!

LaughterThoughts said...

you inspired my most post today. :)

LaughterThoughts said...

most post?? what's a most post??

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

Hope it's still going well this week! We haven't heard from you yet... ha!