I almost forgot to do this today and I would've been so disappointed if it had been late again!
Evie's 3 months old today! Here's what's going on in her young life:
- She's becoming much more aware of her surroundings. One of her favorite things to do is sit as our centerpiece in her Bumbo at dinner. As we talk and laugh, she looks from person to person with a very serious look on her face as if she's taking it all in.
- She found her fingers, particularly her thumb, this week. She's constantly trying to cram some combination of her fingers from both hands in her mouth. And she's even using them to self-soothe.
- Up until the last few days, she had been consistently sleeping 8-12 hours at night before waking to sleep. The last few nights it's been closer to 5-6 hours, so I think she hit a growth spurt.
- I haven't weighed her recently, but I think she's up to about 11ish pounds.
- She's wearing mostly 0-3 month clothes, but I can still pull off some of the newborn clothes that I want to get one more wear out of.
- She's rolling over consistently from tummy to back and it's definitely on purpose. She's a tummy sleeper, and most mornings when I go in to check on her, she's laying on her back, looking around and sucking on a finger or 10. She also rolls over to her back when I lay her down for a nap and she's decided it's not naptime.
- Nursing is going great...she eats about every 3 hours (give or take 15-20) during the day. When the boys were her age, they would just close their eyes and get to business, but she likes to look around and look at me. When I talk to her, she tries really hard not to smile but a smile always sneaks out. I love it.
- She is definitely a hip baby and prefers to be held most of her day. Putting her down to "play" only lasts a few minutes at a time, and even then she's looking around for someone to look at or play with. After that, she gets bored and fusses to get picked up. Usually, I happily oblige. :)
- She's putting herself to sleep at night and for naps. Nap lengths are pretty inconsistent, lasting anywhere from 45 minutes to 2 hours, but as long as she puts herself to sleep, I don't mind.
This is actually pretty good one of her face aside from the translucent tiara.