Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Hey! This is MY blog, too!

I don't really like how my blog has become a place for me to post little snippets of things going on with the kids that I want to remember. I mean, it's great that I have a place like that since I'm so horrible about the baby books, and I'm glad that I can share the happenings of my kids with you, but it's not at all what I really intended. I also meant for my blog to be a place for me to unload thoughts and my own goings-on and to have "conversation" with other folks. The kids are a huge part of my life, obviously, and so of course they will be a huge part of the blog, but I don't really want it to become all about my kids. I really want to get back in the habit of blogging every day or every other day about real life and my experience with it and my thoughts on things in general and some such nonsense.

So.

Now I have to think of something to write about that doesn't have to do with the kids.



*crickets chirping*



Okay, so it'll take some getting used to NOT blogging about the kids since that's obviously become the habit. I'll come up with something. Seriously. I will.

OH! I have something!!

Several months back, when Sweet Hubby was having his health issues, we had to go to a medical supply place to get him some wrist splints to help with the pain/tingling he was feeling in his hands. The lady that owned the place called our insurance company right then and there to make sure that they would cover the cost before she let us out of the place with the splints. She was kind of rude about it, too. That was March. Last week, I got a call from her and she told me that she hired a professional biller of some sort who was supposed to file claims with the insurance companies on about 50 different transactions. Apparently, the biller filed nothing and now the medical supply place lady was sitting on all of these claims that she's not going to get paid for because they are all outside the 90-120 day time limit that providers have to file a claim. She then told me that she tried to file with our insurance company but they said that we are no longer with that insurance company, which is true. May 1st, Hubby's company dropped our previous insurance and put us on with a new company. That sent a little question mark up in my head because how would she know that we were no longer with our old insurance company? She then asked for our NEW insurance information and wanted us to come in and sign a new "delivery slip" with that day's date on it so she could file with our new insurance company. I had big neon signs flashing in my head, saying, "INSURANCE FRAUD! INSURANCE FRAUD!" The lady seriously had no trouble asking me to commit insurance fraud with her. I politely told her that I would get in contact with the old insurance company to find out what she could do. I found out later that when she had called me, she had ALREADY commited fraud because she ALREADY changed the date and then tried to file with the old insurance company. And the date she changed it to was May 5, which is why they denied and is why she knew we were no longer with that company.

She told me that if our old company would't pay, then she would have to charge us for it. But I have no intention of paying because she made a poor decision in hiring that biller. AND, now that I have proof that she commited insurance fraud, I plan on using that information in getting her to back off from us. But I have a feeling that I won't be hearing from her again, because I think she knows she's stuck. She's already lied to me and the insurance company. She can't fix it now.

I'm still fuming about it....the audacity! I can't believe there are people out there whose first solution to a problem is to commit a felony. And that she was so quick to suggest it to me.

Geez.

2 comments:

KatieBug said...

I find that my blog goes thorugh "phases" where I only talk about one thing for a while and then it naturally shifts to something else after a while. There have been so many times that I feel like I only talk about homeschooling, being gluten free,or newborns and that everyone is bored. I think your blog is great and whatever is on your mind you should post!


That lady should go to jail! And your stuff should be free. How is your Sweet Hubby doing?

Kate said...

Zoinks! I was just listening to a report on the radio yesterday, I think, about the massive scale of insurance fraud. I just kept thinking, maybe things wouldn't be so screwed up if people were actually, I don't know, honest about things? Jeez. And I like how she was so eager to pull you in, too. As if committing a crime wasn't good enough that she had to pull an innocent person in with her.