Here we are again...Evie's two month post and I'm late again.
So. Our girl is just a dream. Since we've gotten past that six week mark, she's really opened up and mellowed out. Here's what she's up to:
- The smiles are coming freely and sweetly. She's got the most beautiful smile...she grins for a split second and then opens her mouth wide, wrinkles her nose and it's like her whole face is smiling. I'm pretty sure it's just the most wonderful thing to be on the receiving end of her smiles.
- She's a talker. She's been cooing at us for a couple weeks now, and just this week she's started making all different kinds of sounds. This is totally fun for me because none of my boys were this verbal this young. Even as older babies, they were never babblers or made noises just to hear themselves. I can tell Evie will be very verbal....she already is.
- When I'm holding her, but not paying direct attention to her, she'll make little gurgle and cooing noises to get my attention. And then when I look at her, she just grins at me like she's either so happy to see me again, or she's so proud that she controls me that way. :)
- She is SO STRONG. She's lifting her head up when she's on her tummy so well and just holds it there. And not only is she bearing weight on her legs already, but she will push up to standing when I sit her on my lap facing me. It's amazing. Oh, and she's turning from her tummy to her back pretty consistently, but I'm sure it's not on purpose.
- Sleep is getting to be pretty good. She's napped really really well the last two days, and the last week or so, she's been consistently sleeping 5-7 hours at night, wakes up to eat and then sleeps for another 3-4. I've actually felt more rested this week than I have since before she was born.
- Her 2 month check-up was Tuesday...she weighed 10 lbs, 5 oz and was 22 inches long. I forget what her head circumference was, but she was 50%ile for head, and 25-50%ile for weight and length.
- She likes her swing better these days and she loves to play on her play mat, but her favorite place is in a lap talking and playing with someone. It doesn't matter who, but a person is her favorite toy.
- I really can't find anything to say about her that's not a positive thing. Things are going really great with her these days.