Monday, July 20, 2009

Baptism

Genevieve was baptized yesterday. It's such a wonderful occasion to welcome a baby in to a congregation and into the body of Christ. We just love our church family so much and we are often overwhelmed by their love for us.

On to the pictures.

I got this one of the 4 of them before we left for church. The best picture I've gotten of all 4 of them since Evie was born.

Our sweet girl in her baptism dress.



I joked that this one looked like my 3 little convicts all ready for their court date.


The baptism.


A verse of the song the congregation sings to each child being baptized. I also sing it to the kids quite a bit at home.

The pastor and our family.

And this is what Sweet little Genevieve did to her baptism dress five minutes before the baptism. It's also the reason why she's wrapped in an ugly blanket for the actual baptism and why she's in different clothes for the pictures afterward (including the one just above with the pastor).

Other than the huge blow-out, she did great. We had lunch with our family afterward and it was really just a wonderful day. I think our church really needed that yesterday since a beloved member of our church passed away this week and his funeral was today. Many people told me how wonderful the baptism was and it was just what they needed to help with their sadness. For me it was a great reminder of God's promises and that not even death will separate us from His love.

I can't wait to see what plans God has for our little Evie. All I want for Evie, and for all of our children, is for her to love God and to want to serve Him with all her being. Yesterday was just the beginning.

4 comments:

Jana said...

I'm so glad the baptism went so well (despite the blowout). You really do have a beautiful family.

And how did you lose the baby weight so quickly?!? Lucky girl.

Mommy Daisy said...

Beautiful pictures. I'm glad that it was a lovely day for sure a blessed event.

Too funny about the blowout...you just can't help those things with babies. It will make for a great story when she's older. ;)

Unknown said...

LOL @ the blowout. Our turn is coming, I'm sure. Those are wonderful pics, ugly blanket & all.

Like you, I can't wait to see what God has in mind for our Half Pint... He decided to make her, so it will surely be special, as it is with all His children. :)

Rachel said...

oh my goodness - that is so sad about her dress!!!

love the pictures though. so precious! they all looked so adorable!