Thursday, September 28, 2006

That hurts...

I was sitting here yesterday, catching up on reading blogs. I was almost done and Stephen was sitting on the bed behind me. I turned around to talk to him, then turned back to the computer. Just as I turned back, Stephen fell off the bed. He landed flat on his stomach (and the side of his face) and just laid there for a second. He started to cry so I scooped him up and held him for a minute. He calmly and quietly slid off my lap and started to walk out of the room. I asked him where he was going and he said he wanted to lay in his bed. I finished up reading the blog I was reading and went in to check on him. I crawled into his bed next to him and asked if he was okay and he told me that his head hurt. I told him that I bet it did after falling like that. He looked at me with this puppy dog look and those big green eyes and said, "You were supposed to catch me."

Ouch.

5 comments:

mamashine said...

Oh, that does hurt. Everyone.

Do you still want to do flicks tomorrow? Or shall I change the schedule? :)

k said...

Oohh, yeah. That's where we get the unrealistic idea that somehow we can keep all the boo-boos away from them--it's partly because we love them so much that we want to do it and it's partly because they think we are super heroes and can actually do it.

Jenn said...

Aw, that made my heart hurt a little even 'cause I can just picture the same thing happening to me.

beth said...

Oh, in light of my recent post I really feel this one. Were Sam able to speak he probably would have said something to me along those lines. Hopefully he has had some kinder words for you since then and maybe a kiss or two.

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

Oh, that's rough, but we all go through a moment or two like that! At least you were there to make it better... and you always will be!