Monday, September 18, 2006

Don't let the screen door hit you on the butt...

Stephen's had it. He's moving out.

Or so he says.

While I was making breakfast one morning last week, Stephen came in and asked if they could have breakfast in the living room (something their daddy lets them do when he's home). I told him no (I probably could have been a bit nicer in the way I answered...I was in a foul mood that morning). He huffed and puffed a bit and came back in....

"MOM! I am moving OUT!"

"Really? Where do you think you're going to go?"

"Nonny and Poppy's." (My in-laws)

"Do you think they'll treat you better than we do?"

"Yes."

"I'm sure they would."

And we left it at that. I would have helped him pack his bag, but I guess he decided he liked it well enough here to stay. He hasn't brought it up since.

2 comments:

mamashine said...

Ha! There are days I wish Gilly would move out. :)
It's funny how they come up with this stuff.

k said...

Oh, funny. I remember when his Papa was going to move out. Our mom packed his bag (with plenty of heavy books) and he made it as far as the front door. He stood there for a minute with his hand on the doorknob, then he told her, "I'll give you one more chance." She thanked him and he stayed. I think every kid thinks, at some point, that there HAS to be something better out there than whatcha get with Mom and Dad. (I was totally sure for a period of time that I was a misplaced princess and that eventually they would get around to noticing that I was missing and would come fetch me back to the castle.)