Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Free stuff?? Sign me up!

The company Sweet Hubby works for has a program for expectant parents that offers "support" and information. They started offering it shortly after we got pregnant, but I never enrolled. Somehow, they found out that Sweet Hubby and I were expecting and they called to enroll us. I didn't think I really needed any more support or info, but I'd heard there were free coupons involved, so I thought, "What the heck?" So I enrolled by answering some strange and personal questions.

Holy cow, I should have enrolled at 14 weeks (like they encourage) instead of 30! So far, I've received two packages by UPS from the program, both with not coupons, but actual free stuff!! I've gotten 2 huge books (one is What to Expect the First Year and the other is a book about taking care of your baby and child--medical info and the like), a really nice blanket, a cool sippy cup, a formula dispenser (bah), a cool magnet for the fridge to keep track of your daily/weekly servings of the food groups and lots of pamphlets/booklets with valid information about breastfeeding, folic acid, RSV, signs of preterm labor (which actually had info that I had never heard), etc. I'm so impressed! I'm hoping that I'll keep getting the packages once a week because it's like Christmas! :) I love free stuff!

And oh yeah, they have a 24 hour nurse line, blah, blah, blah...but look! A free cuddly blankie!

No comments: